Thursday 24 May 2012

New thoughts on filming - a second camera

I was talking to my friend Jerome the other day about video making and he happened to mention that he had just bought a secondhand video camera on ebay for about £10.  It was three or four years old, but seemed fine for what he wanted it for.  So with that in mind I went onto ebay to see about acquiring a second camera exactly the same as my current one.  Several hours later, I now have two Sony Handycams, having paid the princely sum of £29 for another one.

It seems to me that this has quite an impact on my planned filming.  Now I can have one camera quite close by to which I direct comments and hopefully show off caught fish, and then I can have a second camera sited well away from me that just takes longer range shots. I have also picked up a long life battery for the new camera as well as a couple more memory cards.  Now I can shoot about 6 hours on each camera.

Finally, I came across some tiny video cameras used by people skateboarding, snowboarding, mountain biking, and so on, to take head cam shots.  Another £20 has got me one of these.  It shoots to a 32GB memory card but apparently has really poor battery consumption.  This could be quite a nice add on though.

So now I am really kitted out with video stuff for the new fishing season

No comments:

Post a Comment