Monday 11 June 2012

RAIN, Rain, rain . . . and more rain

We have been away in Italy for the past week - many days on sunshine and temperatures into the 30s.  Apparently back in the UK, it has rained more or less constantly for the past week, slightly spoiling the Queen's Jubilee it would seem.

While this is good for the drought (which should really be over for the summer at least), it has started to cause me some anxiety about my opening day plans for river fishing.  When thinking about all this over the last month or so, I hadn't really factored in the idea that the rivers would be in flood. 

I had intended to visit the river a few times this week to do some prebaiting.  Though I have made a gallon or two of hemp today, I'm not sure I should be throwing it in the river quite yet

No comments:

Post a Comment