Thursday 14 June 2012

Only two more days to go!

Up at 5:00 for a walk along a nearby stretch of the Windrush.  Over the last couple of days, the water levels have peaked and have now dropped an inch or two - still a murky brown colour though.  Ideal for roach and (possibly) chub, maybe passed the peak for barbel.  Nonetheless, barbel are my target for Saturday.  I have been baiting some "old favourite" swims on the Windrush, but the vibe remains very poor for the prospects of catching barbel on this river - even the lady in the tackle shop yesterday had nothing good to say about such prospects.  It's not like it was in the 90s it seems.

A large flock of what I think are greylag geese are in residence on the Thames at Newbridge and I've taken some video footage to use as filler when making fishing videos in the next few weeks.

Mid-morning I went for a second walk, this time along the Thames.  Still up a foot or two, but some swims look really good, especially a couple of new swims where trees have fallen into the water over the last few months.  One or two swims just scream "perch" so I may have a go for them if the colour remains till Sunday or Monday


One of my better wildlife photos - heron near the Thames at Chimney

No comments:

Post a Comment