Monday 29 May 2017

Walking the River Thames

I was back for a few days in the UK and we called into our Oxfordshire village to see a few friends.  While my wife attending an exercise with her friends (!), I had a couple of hours down at the River Thames at Duxford, the first time for over two years that I have seen this stretch.

So armed with some bread crust, I wandered down the stretch all the way to Shifford.  So many happy memories of fishing here.  Indeed, I am now thinking that when I come back to the UK in late June for the next trip of a few days, I will try and have at least two evenings fishing.  I haven't been fishing for over two years now - amazing


Just below the weir



A chub taking floating crust in the "long glide"


Never fishing this raft - surely it is full of chub and possibly barbel and perch?


No comments:

Post a Comment