Tuesday 7 August 2012

New fishing video - My Fishing Life 12

I had some footage left over from the last trip I did before I hurt my knee.  This was a short session of about 2 hours fishing the top peg of a local stretch of the River Thames nearest the point where I parked the car.  In the past this has produced some decent fish.  I have had several five pound chub from this spot with a biggest of 5-10, and I am pretty sure that there has been at least one six pounder.

But for me today, ledgering sweetcorn just produced a handful of small fish.  Four chub and two roach of about 4-6oz each.  It is good to know that there are immaculate small fish in the stretch, even if I am not catching bigger fish.

The virus that has caused my knee problem seems to have passed a few days ago and my knee is now getting better quite quickly.  I have been able to walk two miles on it without needing a pole for support, and I expect it to be back to normal while we are away in France for the next two weeks.  Then I shall be back fishing to relaunch my season. 

Hopefully September will see me back catching bigger fish.


Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4FK6vjBELQ&feature=plcp

1 comment:

  1. That’s sad news, Jonathan! But don’t worry; everything will be fine, and you can soon get back on track. By then, you can catch more than 10 bigger fish. Are you using the Bobber technique? It is considered a classic fishing technique, which works well in many different fisheries.

    ReplyDelete